Welcome Guest :: Registration :: Login
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum Russian Step By Step » Where to start? » Ask a question » Not sure where to ask? Drop a line here (Any question on any topic)
Not sure where to ask? Drop a line here
sevaDate: Monday, 2015-02-02, 7:57 PM | Message # 1
Group: Admin
Please ask your question here!
andyvalmomDate: Sunday, 2015-03-01, 9:15 AM | Message # 2
Group: StudentRR
Hello! I was wondering whether anybody taught this program in a classroom setting and compiled lesson plans or syllabus? Thank you!
aawatteDate: Sunday, 2015-03-01, 12:52 PM | Message # 3
Great question! We actually have a School Edition version of the book that comes with a teacher's guide. Email us at info@russianstepbystep.com and we can help you out! Anna Watt
castironskilletDate: Thursday, 2015-10-01, 8:58 AM | Message # 4
The "Total Beginner Workbook" is supposed to accompany the "Russian Step by Step Beginner self-study guide"-what exactly is that self-study guide? Is it the same thing as the Beginner Level 1 book? Do the "total beginner workbook" lessons line up with the lessons in "Beginner Level 1?"
OlgaDate: Friday, 2015-10-02, 3:22 PM | Message # 5
Group: Moderators
Dear castironskillet,
The Total Beginner Workbook does not accompan the RSBS Beginner Level 1 book. It is a separate book that teaches you how to read and write in Russian and teaches you some basic grammar.
In the first chapter of RSBS 1 some of the basic grammar rules are revised, but nothing is aligned with the RR Workbook.
Learning the Russian alphabet takes time.
You can check the content of RR Workbook and RSBS L1 book on our website and you will see that they are different.
I would recommend to watch the video about the RSBS books. It will really help to understand the structure: http://russianstepbystep.com/index/0-5
:D
ChandraCockerDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-14, 0:50 AM | Message # 6
My question is
There are so many websites that couples can set up for their guests to get info and even RSVP to the wedding. Which is the best one? Any brides completely satisfied with the site they used?
brianDate: Saturday, 2016-09-10, 7:54 AM | Message # 7
Group: StudentF12
This may not be the right place to post this but i cannot make a thread until i have 3 posts. So i shall ask here, After the pre-course my copy of RSBS Beginner 1 doesn't ask me to listen to audio tracks 15,16,17 and 18. It ask's me to listen to Track 14 on page 28 and the next time it asks me to listen to audio is on page 35 and that is track 19. Is this correct or an error in the book?
OlgaDate: Sunday, 2016-09-11, 8:31 AM | Message # 8
Dear Brian,
There is an Audio Script section in the book (Page 254). There you can see the script to the tracks that are not in the Main Course. The audio is designed the way that helps you memorize new language (has leading questions and many repetitions).
I would recommend to read How to work with the course (P 15).
I hope I answered your question. Please, feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
P. S.: Thank you for pointing out the issue with posting on the website.
brianDate: Wednesday, 2016-09-28, 4:45 AM | Message # 9
Group: StudentF12
Just wondering how other learners learn the new words introduced to us in RSBS Beginner 1. Do you learn what each words means and how to spell it by writing it down on paper before moving onto the next page and tasks?
OlgaDate: Saturday, 2016-10-01, 9:43 AM | Message # 10
Hello Brian,

You learn the new words by doing all the exercises of the course: written, oral, audio (step by step, in each lesson).
When doing written tasks, you don't write your answers in the book - you use your own notebook instead, and you don't look for answers until you have it written. Then you check and see whether you got it correctly. This way you make sure - the answer is your head: the spelling, the sentence structure, and the grammar.

The best way to check whether you really absorbed all the material is to do the last exercise of the lesson. It's a translation of Russian phrases into English. Often the students are surprised at the results: they were sure they know the material. If you understand the meaning when reading, it does not mean you can say or write the phrase correctly.

Don't hurry when studying Russian. You have to get used to certain grammar points, otherwise you will have a mess in your head later on.
As with any language, you should spend certain amount of time for different activities - then you will be rewarded.
Repetition create mastery. - That's the key.

I hope I've answered your question.
If not, please feel free to ask more.
book
tigertug8Date: Tuesday, 2016-10-18, 6:34 AM | Message # 11
Group: StudentF1
I purchased Reading Russian Step by Step Total Beginner Workbook for my son for his homeschool group class. He has been communicating with someone from your website on how to get access to the audio tracks and was put in a group call Berlitz. I have no idea what Berlitz is and he still can't access the free audio. Please advise. Thanks!
OlgaDate: Tuesday, 2016-10-18, 11:57 AM | Message # 12
Dear tigertug8,
We moved you to the StudentRR group. It means that now you have an access to the Reading Russian Workbook audio.
I found the request from the student with tigertug8 ID. He requested to get an access to the Berlitz group (I believe by mistake).
For future references it would be faster to contact us via email: info@russianstepbystep.com .
Have a great day,
Olga
RSBSDate: Friday, 2016-11-04, 10:23 AM | Message # 13
Hi tigertug8,
We got an email from you yesterday, in which you request an access to the RSBS1 resource. We moved you the correct group.
Today we got another email from you, in which you are requesting an access to the RSBS1 again.
I suspect our reply got into your Spam folder.
Please, check your Spam folder.

batman
Forum Russian Step By Step » Where to start? » Ask a question » Not sure where to ask? Drop a line here (Any question on any topic)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: