Welcome Guest :: Registration :: Login
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum Russian Step By Step » Russian Step By Step Books » Questions about books » Cannot find the audio script
Cannot find the audio script
undofollunkDate: Sunday, 2013-01-20, 4:59 PM | Message # 1
Group: StudentF1
Hello,
I've started to work with урок 2, and I cannot find the audio script for it. What I hear on the CD is different from what I see in the book. Can you, please, clarify it for me , please?
Sincerely,
Brad
OlgaDate: Sunday, 2013-01-20, 7:22 PM | Message # 2
Group: Moderators
Hi Brad.
There are 2 sections in the RSBS book that reinforce the lesson in the Main course. They are: Grammar section and Audio Script section.
Therefore you can find Lesson 1 in the Main course, in the Grammar section and in Audio Script.
Main course is in Russian (except the tasks for the exercises)
Grammar section contains the translation of all the texts and dialogues. It also has explanations of the new Grammar introduced in this lesson.

Audio Script has everything you hear on the audio, including commands.
If the text or the dialogue on the audio is exactly the same as in the main course, there is only reference to it (you can easily find it in the Main course).
If the audio is different from the text in the Main course it is in the Audio Script section.

In Lesson 2 all the script is in the Audio Script section. You just open that page and follow it.
I hope I made it clear. prof
undofollunkDate: Monday, 2013-01-21, 9:55 AM | Message # 3
Group: StudentF1
Thank you Olga for a quick reply! book
I was careless.
When a little box with the track# is in tne Main course - the script is there.
Otherwise it's in the Auido Script section.

biggrin
brianDate: Thursday, 2016-09-22, 4:41 AM | Message # 4
Group: StudentF12
In my book Beginner 1 (fifth edition) It doesn't tell me when to listen to track 21,22,23,24,25,26 or track 27 on lesson 2, either on the main course or in the grammar section. How am I suppose to know when i should listen to the audio tracks?
OlgaDate: Thursday, 2016-09-22, 5:00 PM | Message # 5
Group: Moderators
Hello Brian,
It's a good question.
On page 15 of RSBS1 there are instructions on how to work with the course.

1) First you read the dialogue or the text in the main course and try to understand the meaning.

2) Read the Grammar section thoroughly. Here you will find the explanation of new language and grammar rules that will help you use this language properly.

3) Read the dialogue or text again, and this time you should understand everything. If you do not, go back to the Grammar section and find answers.

4) Do all the exercises of the lesson without skipping any parts of them. Sometimes you may get the feeling that you do not have to write the same expression several times, because you have understood it. Nevertheless, it is strongly recommended to do a lot of writing, especially in the beginning. This way you will memorize the Cyrillic alphabet faster and it will also help you memorize Russian words and grammar structures.

5) Listen to audio. The audio script is at the end of the book. (That's where you find the numbers of the tracks you need to listen to ).
Keep listening to the audio until you have all the dialogues and the expressions memorized.

6) Test yourself. After every 3 lessons, there is a short test. It will help you realize which lessons you should revise and decide which piece of grammar you need to practice more.

Message edited by Olga - Thursday, 2016-09-22, 5:02 PM
Forum Russian Step By Step » Russian Step By Step Books » Questions about books » Cannot find the audio script
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: